Tachycardia and bradycardia are two unique names for heart rate. Specifically, tachycardia and bradycardia mean heart rates above and below the normal range accordingly. You should http://www.webmd.boots.com/heart-disease/features/heart-rate-health>know you heart rate as it is the truest indicator of health. The normal range of heart rate is between 60 beats to 100 beats per minute in a normal rest condition. If the heart rate is more than 100 per minute in a resting condition in adults (age 15 years and above), it is referred to as tachycardia. In the case of newborns, the normal heart rate is 160 beats per minute, and anything above is tachycardia. Some of the common causes of this ailment are atrial flutter, fear, anxiety, pain, infection and nicotine intake. On the other end of monitoring, the heart rate is the slow heart rate condition. The normal resting threshold is 60 beats per minute. However, 50 beats per minute are considered normal. Anything below 50 beats per minute is considered as Bradycardia. However, some marathon athletes have a condition where the heartbeat is around 40 beats per minute. This is called a good condition if the heart rate is dropping during exhalation. Due to higher stroke volume, the heart is able to pump the normal quantity of blood in less number of beats.
If you have ever suffered from Acid Reflux, you know the pain and discomfort that it causes to almost every aspect of your life. One of the biggest benefits of apple cider vinegar in water is that it can stabilise the acid levels in your stomach and eliminate Acid Reflux from your life. But Are the health claims about apple cider vinegar true? We hear almost daily about the best new treatments for illness, or weight loss and believe in the stories without any scientific evidence to back it up. However, the benefits of apple cider vinegar in water have been proven! They actually really do work, and there is scientific evidence as well as anecdotal evidence from people who have tested its abilities. Some other uses and benefits of apple cider vinegar are, in the first place, it kills harmful bacteria in your body. Secondly, it lowers blood sugar levels and fights diabetes, due to improving insulin sensitivity. Thirdly, it helps in weight loss as it actually makes you feel fuller for longer. Fourthly, it contributes to lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Several animal studies suggest that apple cider vinegar reduces blood triglycerides, cholesterol and blood pressure, however, this is yet to be confirmed in human studies.Last but not least, another theory that is yet to be confirmed in human studies is the use of apple cider vinegar in reducing the risk of cancer being found in your body. Although there are many uses for ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) that have been proven and scientifically tested it is always a good idea to independently verify any claim made about health benefits.
Looking at a big piece of gateau you wonder how can something so sweet be so harmful? There is a direct correlation between blood pressure and the amount of sugar in the blood. The level of sugar in the blood is controlled by the hormone insulin. A healthy diet should be built around foods which control as opposed to spiking the level of blood sugar in your body. Healthy food that you should eat requires planning. When controlling blood pressure, the healthy food you should eat comprises of fruits and vegetables. Apples contain antioxidants; antioxidants protect blood vessels. Watermelons have been found to reduce the pressure of blood in the aorta. The extract causes the cells of the aorta to relax and exert less pressure. Bananas are a prime source of potassium. Potassium and sodium are like water and oil. As potassium intake goes up, more sodium dissolves in urine. Another healthy food you should eat is yogurt for the calcium. This is the mineral which keeps blood pumping at a normal rate. Garlic is an ingredient to be used in virtually every day to day meal as well as helping reduce blood pressure it is also known to reduce the probability of getting lung and prostate cancer. It is small, yet effective. Include vegetables such spinach in your diet. This is high in fiber, yet has low calories and excellent to help keep your blood pressure low. The key message is for each one of us to reduce sodium to curb high blood pressure.
If you include these healthy foods in your daily diet, the risk of cardiovascular disease can be reduced. They contain nutrients that help your heart become stronger. Let us investigate these healthy foods.
(1) Fish – Fish are generally high in Omega 3 acids. Omega 3 acids help regulate cholesterol levels in your blood, which in turn keeps the heart healthy.
(2) Nuts – Nuts contain fat, but they are a healthy fat. Walnuts and almonds are particularly good for heart health.
(3) Berries – Berries are really good for the immune system and the heart. You should especially try blueberries, cranberries, strawberries or raspberries. The best way is to eat them raw or mix them with yogurt.
(4) Tomatoes – Tomatoes are rich in the nutrient Lycopene. Lycopene boosts the body’s natural antioxidants that keep the heart healthy. According to research reports from South Korea, lycopene in tomatoes also protects against DNA damage.
(5) Broccoli – This vegetable has loads of nutrients like potassium, folate, calcium, fibre and Vitamins C and E. All of these are good for a healthy heart.
Exercise should be drilled into daily routine. Medical research shows that regular physical activity is required for the body to function normally. With the city life taking away the play fields and less and most of the work being on the desk, exercise daily is the only way to keep healthy. Here are some great benefits of regular exercise.
- Exercise controls occurrence of Cholesterol – Regular exercise burns the extra fat which is the basis of high levels of HDL and triglycerides. The increased heart rate and blood flow keeps the heart in good shape. So you will have fewer chances of heart diseases.
- Weight Control – Exercise helps to burn calories and helps the body to grow strong. In the process you will see the effect of exercise on weight. People who do regular exercise have a stable weight very much within the BMI
- Helps remove stress – If you had a bad day at office and are under stress, try the cross fit regime. I have one sand bag hung in my balcony and whenever I feel stress, boxing the bag is the way to remove stress. Even light exercises like brisk walk have been seen to improve the general mood.
- Energy boost for body and brain – Regular exercise not only improves muscle strength and endurance but also the energy level. When the heart and lung will work properly the energy levels are bound to go up.
- Exercise boosts libido – With the energy levels up, exercise has a positive effect on libido making your sexual life much better. Common problems related to sex will vanish with regular exercise.
While searching for options for loans for buying my own treadmill , I came across an awesome site. I could get all information and also came across this really nice post on Charity on Christmas in their blog section. Really the article gave me some information I did not know.
A bout of sinus infection makes one irritable because of the extreme discomfort it brings in its wake. The uncomfortable congestion often leads to aching facial muscles and dull headaches. Whether it is acute or chronic sinusitis; an easy and quick relief from the congestion is sought by one and all.
Before we discuss the simple but innovative ways in which you can combat sinusitis from the comfort of your home, let us just understand what sinusitis actually is. Sinuses are small cavities in skull that are actually filled with air. It is the responsibility of the sinuses to produce mucus and ensure that the air you breathe in is free of any allergens or pollutants before it is passed on to the lungs. An inflammation of the tissues that line the sinuses due to an infection or any other reason is known as sinusitis.
Due to the swelling the sinuses get blocked. The air and the mucus end up getting trapped in the sinuses. This is also the primary reason why a sinus infection leads to blockages and aches and pains.
The most common impulse is to resort to over the counter medicines. However, there are a lot of simple remedies that can give you instant relief from the oppression of sinusitis right at home.
- Proper Ventilation
Technology is a double edged sword. With the onset of heaters and air conditioners the need to keep a room or the house insulated has become a priority in households. This also means that the chances are higher that you are trapping stale air within the room making it work for the sinusitis instead of against it.
When you are suffering from sinusitis and you get a good, warm day; open the doors and windows once in a while and let the fresh air in. Let the sunlight in and allow it to filter your room and cleanse it of the bacteria. You will notice improvement in the discomfort you have been experiencing so far.
- Onion Steaming
It sounds funny and obnoxious but it is one the most effective treatments for instant relief from sinusitis. Chop up some onions and mince some garlic. Put them in a bowl. Add some boiling water to this mix. Take a towel and cover it over your head. Inhale the onion vapors for about ten minutes. You will feel the congestion begin to clear up.
Diabetes is a disease with no proven cure. It is only with control, that you can live longer. But can you again get back to eating sweets and other things you love? Well it does not have a cure in the popular chemical based medicine. However there are enough natural remedies that can cure of diabetes, and I am not joking. A few tricks can help you be healthy even if you cannot get rid of it completely.
- Drink Pomegranate Juice daily – A doctor will advise you against it. He would say that juice has sugars and should not be a part of daily diet. However startling results have been found by Israeli researchers. The juice not only fills you with energy but also does not have much effect on sugar levels. Pomegranate has a unique property of preventing deposit of fatty acids on artery walls which is a major cause of death in diabetics. Start drinking and live longer!
- Induce natural insulin production with garlic – It has been a home remedy in many cultures to eat roasted garlic in the morning to control blood pressure. However little is known about the insulin production inducing property. Allicin a natural compound present in garlic, induces pancreas to produce insulin, and in some cases patient hardly needs insulin injection. Amazing isn’t it?
- Pumpkin the wonder – It has always been regarded as a vegetable with not much to offer. However a recent research has proved that pumpkin has certain chemicals that regenerate pancreatic cells. Useful for Type I and Type II diabetes. So have pumpkin in daily diet. It can even cure diabetes.
These are few natural cures for diabetes. There is no medicine or injection involved, so try it as soon as possible and get rid of the life with control!
High blood pressure or hypertension as it is called can be very serious if not controlled. High blood pressure can be silent within a body for many years before symptoms appear. If not checked the problems can lead to a big disruption in your life style, causing disability or even a heart attack. Monitoring your blood pressure on a regular basis can help you spot a problem early enough for it to be controlled. Busy people lead busy lives and cannot always attend proper medical checkups, even if you can, a Bayer blood pressure monitor in your home means you can check your blood pressure any time you are concerned. Certain life style habits can increase your chance of high blood pressure, stress, caffeine, obesity, smoking, lack of physical exercise to name a few. Changing some of your bad habits can reduce the risk but there are also factors inherent in your make up like age, race and family genetics that you can do nothing about but stay alert for any increases in your own blood pressure readings. When you read your blood pressure you are measuring the amount of blood pumping around the body and the resistance to the blood flow in the arteries. You are actually taking two readings; the diastolic and systolic. You will often see the measurements written as two numbers. Your blood pressure does not stay the same it can be effected by a number of factors for example your sleep pattern or physical activity. Normally a good time to read your blood pressure is after a period of rest about 5-10 minutes, and before you have a cup of coffee and a cigarette! You may need to take your blood pressure a number of times a day to note any fluctuations but then identify a regular time to take it daily if required.
- The Systolic measures the blood pressure when the heart is pumping blood.
- The Diastolic measures the blood pressure between the beats when the heart is at rest.
The measurement is taken in millimeters of Mercury (mmHg) the first reading is the ‘systolic’ and the second lower reading is the ‘diastolic’; read more about blood pressure readings and how they can affect you online. A Bayer blood pressure monitor or an Omron m2 blood pressure monitor makes taking your blood pressure easy. Gone are the days of sphygmomanometers, new tech and design makes reading your blood pressure very straightforward.
Today’s digital blood pressure monitors can include an upper arm cuff with Intelligence Technology; this means the cuffs will not become too tight on the arm and give a false reading. The automatic monitors also show if the cuff has been placed correctly. The display indicates the reading on clear easy to read large displays. There is also a reference to previous readings for comparison. Depending on the model of monitor it will also indicate if an irregular heart beat is found. Follow the manuals carefully when using your blood pressure monitor, normally available as downloads, but as a general rule, sit with your arm at heart level, ensure you have an empty bladder (a full one gives higher readings) remove any tight arm clothing, and sit up straight on a chair legs uncrossed. If you are concerned your blood pressure is too high you need to see your Dr to have him view your readings and make a thorough control. Blood pressure readings are affected by many factors as outlined above and if you do have a high reading then there are a number of options open to you. Your Doctor may prescribe a course of medication to manage the high blood pressure. Losing weight, keeping to a low salt diet, eating plenty of fruit and vegetables and exercising will all assist you in controlling your high blood pressure. Stopping smoking and reducing alcohol intake needs to be seriously considered for a healthier life style. Regular blood pressure checks can be non intrusive into your day when you have your own blood pressure monitor. Buying a blood pressure monitor for personal use could be the best investment you can make for your health but it is important that you discuss your readings with your Doctor.
The Process of Implant
- Drilling the Pilot Hole – A small hole is drilled at the site of implant. The CT scans shows the dentist the right place to drill without damaging vital jaw and face structures like the alveolar nerve in the lower jaw.
- Implant Placement – After drilling the pilot hole it is lowly widened. The titanium screw is the placed in the hole with a protective cover screw. Then the patient needs to wait for six months. During this period osseointegration occurs.
- Abutment Placement – After osseointegration has taken place the part connecting the titanium root to the teeth is placed. This device is known as abutment may be placed during the implant placement.
- Temporary Crown Placement – After abutment is placed a temporary crown is placed which serves as template around which the gums grow naturally.
- Permanent crown placement – When the gums have grown in a natural manner to cover the base of the crown, the permanent crown is placed.
The whole procedure may take from eight months to a year which varies on case basis. The after effects initially may be swelling of the face but is temporary. Soft food which is neither too cold nor too hot should be taken to avoid complications. It is very important to clean the implant regularly for the procedure to be successful.
Potential Risks and Complications
However before going for an implant, a thorough check up is needed to check whether the implant is right for you. This includes taking x-rays of the jaw and CT scan to ensure enough bone structure present. Also this takes care of the site of the implant.
There are a few concerns that need to be taken care of before going in for implants.
- Poor Bone Density – This is one of the major concerns. In patients with low bone density osseointegration may not occur leading to implant failure. Also if the teeth have been missing for a long time the body may direct calcium and phosphorous the two main determinants of good bone density to other parts leading to osseointegration failure. So it is advised to get the implants soon after teeth root loss is determined.
- Gum Disease – People suffering from Gum disease may also face possible failure. So the gum disease should be properly taken care of before going in for implants.
- Diabetes – In case of diabetes patients the healing is slow and may hinder the recovery. Hence all medical history should be shared and taken into account before going in for the implant.
In spite of the concerns it is a permanent solution to teeth loss. With proper care the implants can last for a life time. Unlike traditional false teeth (Dentures) it is just like having natural teeth. The implant is always there and the crown can be replaced when it wears out. But regular cleaning, flossing and checkups should be done to maintain the implant
Liver is the largest gland in the human body, and the also the largest organ. It weighs approximately 3 to 3.5 pounds. It is the organ which fat emulsification. If your liver is not healthy you will face problems of not being able to digest fat. It can lead to toxifying of the body.
Liver disease is any disruption in the functioning of liver. The organ is so designed that even a small part of the liver can take up the full functionality. The major symptoms of liver disease are:
- Nausea – It is one of the primary symptoms of liver disease.
- Vomiting – When you cannot digest fat, vomiting occurs very regularly
- Surface of the skin and eyes turning yellow – This is mixing of bile juice secreted by lever.
- Right upper abdominal pain – This is an indication of the liver not functioning properly.
The major diseases of liver are:
- Jaundice – The most common disease. It is a water borne disease. When bile which is required for breaking up fat molecules is produced in excess, then jaundice or Hepatitis occurs. It is of three types Hepatitis A, B and C. The only cure is rest and limiting intake of fat.
- Liver Cancer – Cancer is one of the most common causes of failure. Unstopped growth of cells in liver leads to dysfunction of liver. Its main cause is excessive alcohol consumption, ingestion of chemicals/drugs or sometimes genetics. There is still no cure, and only option is liver transplant.
- Liver cirrhosis – This is due to many reasons and is the last stage of liver disease. The liver shuts down exposing the body to toxins. The result is death and life can only be extended by dialysis, but for a limited period. Transplant is the only option.