If you include these healthy foods in your daily diet, the risk of cardiovascular disease can be reduced. They contain nutrients that help your heart become stronger. Let us investigate these healthy foods.
(1) Fish – Fish are generally high in Omega 3 acids. Omega 3 acids help regulate cholesterol levels in your blood, which in turn keeps the heart healthy.
(2) Nuts – Nuts contain fat, but they are a healthy fat. Walnuts and almonds are particularly good for heart health.
(3) Berries – Berries are really good for the immune system and the heart. You should especially try blueberries, cranberries, strawberries or raspberries. The best way is to eat them raw or mix them with yogurt.
(4) Tomatoes – Tomatoes are rich in the nutrient Lycopene. Lycopene boosts the body’s natural antioxidants that keep the heart healthy. According to research reports from South Korea, lycopene in tomatoes also protects against DNA damage.
(5) Broccoli – This vegetable has loads of nutrients like potassium, folate, calcium, fibre and Vitamins C and E. All of these are good for a healthy heart.
Exercise should be drilled into daily routine. Medical research shows that regular physical activity is required for the body to function normally. With the city life taking away the play fields and less and most of the work being on the desk, exercise daily is the only way to keep healthy. Here are some great benefits of regular exercise.
- Exercise controls occurrence of Cholesterol – Regular exercise burns the extra fat which is the basis of high levels of HDL and triglycerides. The increased heart rate and blood flow keeps the heart in good shape. So you will have fewer chances of heart diseases.
- Weight Control – Exercise helps to burn calories and helps the body to grow strong. In the process you will see the effect of exercise on weight. People who do regular exercise have a stable weight very much within the BMI
- Helps remove stress – If you had a bad day at office and are under stress, try the cross fit regime. I have one sand bag hung in my balcony and whenever I feel stress, boxing the bag is the way to remove stress. Even light exercises like brisk walk have been seen to improve the general mood.
- Energy boost for body and brain – Regular exercise not only improves muscle strength and endurance but also the energy level. When the heart and lung will work properly the energy levels are bound to go up.
- Exercise boosts libido – With the energy levels up, exercise has a positive effect on libido making your sexual life much better. Common problems related to sex will vanish with regular exercise.
While searching for options for loans for buying my own treadmill , I came across an awesome site. I could get all information and also came across this really nice post on Charity on Christmas in their blog section. Really the article gave me some information I did not know.